Details, Rules and Equipment 細節，規則及裝備
Security is everybody’s affair. Here are some recommendations to make your race a success and enjoyable. We wish everybody can be finisher. Your safety depends upon the quality of the materials which you have in your pack.
Participants has to follow strictly mandatory equipment and certain rules otherwise may be disqualified. Before and during the event will be random check of your gear, if you will miss any mandatory equipment you may not continue without it. You can let any garbage in CP, but don’t pollute on course.
Mandatory equipment for HILL Runner (500+)*
- Good quality shoes (trail)
- Hydration system with minimum volume of 1 litre
- One headlamp
- Jacket (+rain cover)
- Fully charged mobile phone with number of organizers 0963-539-346
- Whistle and compass
- Head cover (Beast Buff or cap)
- Energy reserve (min. 400 kCal , eg. 3x Runivore bars)
- Chip and race number
- Min. cash 500 NTD
需要的強制性裝備 (HILL 500+)*
- 能量儲備(至少400大卡的補給品，例如: Runivore能量棒)
*I confirm that I will prepare all mandatory equipment for event. Organizers may right of not allowing start in Event if participant equipped will miss any of these items. Without any registration fee refunds. Authorized person in race venue or check points may not allowed to continue participant if any of these mandatory equipment missing.
- Survival Blanket
- Elastic adhesive tape
- Long sleeves shirt in case of cold (even during summer) or rain, or protect your arms from scratch
- First Aid kit (blister pads, anti-chafing Pjur Active emulsion, band, lighter, …)
- Electrolytes and more food
- hiking poles
- run with dog in race day
- use headphones with high volume
- 致電主辦單位 0963-539-346
Your safety depends upon the quality of the materials which you have in your pack.
First aid posts are positioned at Check Points.
Attention! It is obligatory that you do not leave a person who is in difficulty alone.
If you or another competitor is immobilized:
- Call the race organizers number 0963-539-346
- Give your position and reference point (use map from organizers)
- Explain simply the situation
If you are in difficulty and telephone network is unavailable:
- Wait for another runner and try to find an area where network is available together
- Wait for a third runner and ask to alert the closest member of the organization
- Stay with the second runner until the rescue team arrives
Remember: Assisting an injured runner in difficulty is an absolute must.
Expenses incurred, resulting from emergency assistance or evacuation, are payable by the person rescued who is also responsible for all costs relating to their return from the area to where they were rescued.
If for any reason it is impossible to make contact with the course organizer, you can call directly the rescue services (especially if you find yourselves in a zone « emergency call only » as several sections do not have mobile network coverage).
Organizers also provide participants with insurance coverage worth of 1 million NTD (details are to be provided by insurance company). And also extra 10,000 NTD injury insurance. Participants are encouraged to purchase extra insurance coverage should he or she there is a need to. Insurance will not cover for participants who already have diseases such as heart diseases, diabetes. Insurance will not cover for those who are pronged to have heat exhaustion, heat stroke, epilepsy, dehydration, etc.
- 本賽事使用自己的計時晶片系統: 手腕帶晶片，選手必須要在終點處，觸碰提供的感應器。
Race Chip (if provided)
- Organizer is using own chip system. WRIST BAND with CHIP and participant has to touch given sensor in the finish.
- Organizer will only provide 1 chip per individual (please ensure the chip is tied securely on the right hand wrist. BIB number has to be place visible on the front of the body.
- Chip touch sensor in finish with assistance. Success record is indicated by sound. Also follow instruction of assistant person in finish.
- Participant must return wrist band with chip (100 NTD deposit or exhange with finisher medal) and will get a finisher certificate and medal after the race.
- BIB and CHIP timing guidance step by step:
- 因山區運輸補給不易，補給站物資將不提供於第一個上升區域，水或冷飲(視天氣狀況)及基本補給將提供在山頂下的第一檢查點 。為守護無痕山林及環保意識，大會只提供一個紙（塑膠）杯給每個選手。
- 本賽事活動屬於高風險運動，未成年參賽者未經過父母親簽署參賽同意書者，主辦單位有權不受理報名。 ( 未成年子女參賽同意書 download here)
- BIBs must be placed on the front of body. Those without BIBs will not be allowed to participate in this event.
- Participant is urged to bring their Taiwan Health Card or insurance card.
- Race supply depot will be not be provided in first ascent section. Water and hot or cold drinks (dependence on weather) and basic refreshment will be provided in first Check Point (CP) or race base. Organizer will provide only one cup for per participant in CP (environmental awareness).
- Who will pollute (bottles, sport gels or bars container, or any solid material) during the race will be disqualified.
- Race time closure: 1st closure time XX hours (depends on course) after individual start at top mountain. Finisher has to carefully move to down to CP and back to race base before given time and have to follow designated route. Who cannot reach top of mountain (ascent) within cut time has to continue to top and same way as others to base of race. Last runner will be followed by organizer staff (firs aid) and has to inform him with any difficulties.
- Race routes will include high risk routes. Should the participants have not signed the online consent form nor under age have not have their parent’s consent form signed (agreement 未成年子女參賽同意書 download here). Organizer has the right to reject the registration and the participation.
- Participants are encouraged to seriously evaluate his/her health status before joining this risk activity and race.
- Each participant must evaluate his/own health status. If there are any discomforts or rest needed, one must report to the event crew for assistance (also last runners will be followed by medic).
- This event will be held during raining. Should there be any typhoons (land warning) nor any natural disaster; in order for participants’ safeties, organizers have the right to cancel, delay, or change the event schedule (routes). For updates, please refer to organizer’s announcement.
It is semi-autonomy event and drop bag are only at start/finish. Please mark you bag and drop it in certain place with assistance in race start. Organizer will not be responsible for individual valuable goods. Organizer will not be responsible for loses of individual valuable goods/items.
The activity, trail-running, takes place in open country, in contact to the flora and fauna. Please safe environment, don't damage parts of nature as rocks, trees., etc. It is strictly prohibited to leave litter in the nature. Any runner seen throwing his rubbish on the course will be automatically disqualified.
GPS and Maps
Will study map and gps provided by organizers and instaled to smartphone app or gps watch.
Waiver (will sign before race) 免責條款(將會在賽前簽署)
I hereby confirm that I have read this waiver and I confirm my agreement to assume the entire risk of any loss, property damage, illness, injury or death (collectively "losses") that I may sustain or cause as a result of my participation in any Taiwan Beast Runners event (the "Event"). I understand that my participation in the Event may include participation in activities which demand a very high level of skill and physical and mental fitness. I acknowledge that there are risks inherent in the activities organized for the Event and that I may sustain or cause losses from my participation therein.
Pursuant to this release, I voluntarily agree to assume (for myself, my representatives, heirs, assigns, and next of kin) all such risks, foreseeable or otherwise, and that I shall be solely responsible for all losses I may cause. My assumption of the entire risk of any and all losses to me and/or caused by me to other persons in the Event is intended to apply to any and all losses no matter how the loss (or losses) is (or are) caused, whether for reason of negligence, breach of statutory duties or otherwise. I hereby release and discharge, Taiwan Beast Runners and their sponsors, contractors, agents and employees and all persons and entities connected with the Event, from any liability for any and all losses whatsoever, whatever the cause, that I may sustain or cause.
My assumption of the entire risk of any and all losses to me in the Event is intended to cover any loss or losses caused by a negligent act or a negligent failure to act. I hereby authorize and grant Taiwan Beast Runners, and their related companies, licensees and assignees the irrevocable, transferable and world-wide right to publish, use, adapt and exploit, in perpetuity, any and all information and materials (including without limitation, photographs, video and films) about me and/or in which I appear whether or not in conjunction with any other works, drawings, photographs, or illustrations in connection with any and all exhibitions, public displays, broadcasts, transmissions, internet usage, publications, promotions or advertisements without limitation or reservation in connection with the Event. I hereby certify that I have read and understand this release and that I fully accept the terms and conditions set forth herein on behalf of myself, my representatives, heirs, assigns and next of kin.
I have read and agree to the above waiver form. I will sign paper form of this document before event.